Αρχειοθήκη ιστολογίου

Σάββατο 16 Δεκεμβρίου 2017

Early prelingual auditory development in Italian infants and toddlers analysed through the Italian version of the Infant-Toddler Meaningful Auditory Integration Scale (IT-MAIS)

Abstract

Purpose

To evaluate the reliability and validity of the Italian version of the Infant-Toddler Meaningful Auditory Integration Scale (I-IT-MAIS), and to assess the normal trajectory of early prelingual auditory (EPLAD) development from birth to 24 months in a group of normal-hearing Italian children using the I-IT-MAIS.

Methods

The study consisted of four phases: item generation, reliability analysis, assessment of the normal trajectory for EPLAD, and validity analysis. A group of 120 normal-hearing children and a group of 31 deaf children wearing hearing aids and on a waiting list for cochlear implantation were enrolled. All the parents completed the I-IT-MAIS. Sixty of them completed the I-IT-MAIS twice, 2 weeks apart, for test–retest reliability analysis. The I-IT-MAIS scores were used to assess the normal trajectory of EPLAD development from birth to 24 months in normal-hearing children. For criterion validity analysis, the I-IT-MAIS scores were correlated with production of infant scale evaluation (PRISE) scores in 60 normal-hearing children. For discriminant validity analysis, the I-IT-MAIS scores obtained in normal and deaf children were compared.

Results

Internal consistency of I-IT-MAIS was satisfactory as well as individual item reliability, test–retest reliability, and discriminant validity. EPLAD development in normal-hearing Italian-speaking children was evaluated. As far as the criterion validity of the I-IT-MAIS is concerned, a strong correlation between I-IT-MAIS and PRISE scores was found.

Conclusion

I-IT-MAIS is reliable and valid. Its application is recommended for clinical practice and outcome research.



http://ift.tt/2yI7CfN

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου