Αρχειοθήκη ιστολογίου

Δευτέρα 21 Δεκεμβρίου 2015

PulmCrit- Neurocritical care of the comatose meningitis patient

cropped.jpg?resize=750%2C272

Early in my training I had a few comatose meningitis patients. They were admitted, given antibiotics, and supported on a ventilator. They died. For a while, I believed that this condition was fairly hopeless. Then I encountered a comatose young man with meningitis due to adjacent mastoiditis. His lumbar puncture opening pressure was ~50cm. Following mastoidectomy and temporary placement of a lumbar drain, he recovered. Since then, I have been increasingly aggressive about managing this. Some patients have responded surprisingly well.

EMCrit by Josh Farkas.



from #MedicinebyAlexandrosSfakianakis via xlomafota13 on Inoreader http://ift.tt/1UVzpiG
via IFTTT

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου