Αρχειοθήκη ιστολογίου

Τετάρτη 31 Ιανουαρίου 2018

Effects of excessive fibrin deposit and polylactide adhesion barrier on wound healing in thyroidectomy murine wound model

Abstract

Background

We hypothesize that excessive fibrin formation and inflammation induced by antiadhesive material, SurgiWrap (SW), would have an adverse effect on wound healing. It was evaluated by a thyroidectomy murine wound model.

Methods

Excessive fibrin formation was induced by isthmectomy without hemostasis. Rats were allocated into isthmectomy with SurgiWrap (I+SW+), I+SW-, I-SW+, I-SW-, and isthmectomy after electrocautery for hemostasis (I+C+SW-). The SWs were placed on the superficial and visceral layers for gross and microscopic evaluation.

Results

Microscopic examination showed collagen deposition occurred in the I-SW- sham group and at a higher level in I+C+SW-. The collagen deposition decreased in groups without SW with time but increased in groups with SW. Use of SW produced more inflammation and more collagen deposition. The I+SW + group developed the largest area of collagen deposition at 4 weeks and more collagen deposition than the I-SW + group.

Conclusion

The SW induced more collagen deposition increasing with time. The collagen deposition produced by SW was worsened by excessive fibrin formation and inflammation.



http://ift.tt/2Fy3L8W

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου